News / vs Ghosts
Fat Goblin Games LOVES Halloween. This whole "time of year" is great to most of us.
Nope, nothing "Halloween-y" 'bout that cover!
And so it should come as no surprise we're running not just "a Halloween Bundle" but actually a few! First up, the general one...
2017 Halloween Bundle for Just $6.66
The main Fat Goblin Games Halloween Bundle for 2017 includes 29 titles from a range of both specific game systems and system-agnostic supplements, like...
- Occult Ritual Magic & Ritual Magic Expanded for 5th Edition Fantasy
- Epic Level NPC's (an Imprint of FGG) Occult Rituals of the Necronomicon series for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Our previous Halloween releases like Carnival of Sinners and the Mysteries of the Hollowfield for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Great game aids like Ghost Stories, Hardboiled miniatures and handouts, and the GM's Monster Memoir journal
- And so many others!
vs. Ghosts Bundle for Just $6.66
Just the other day, vs. Ghosts -- our vs. M Engine (a rules-light, card-based RPG) -- had an excellent review from Endzeitgeist!
From Endz's Review:
|In short: This is a well-made game using cards as randomizer; it’s easy to learn and explain, the presentation is concise and makes grasping the rules super simple. The stereotypes and tropes employed don’t necessarily hit home with *me*, but that may be because I am probably as far away from the target audience as I can possibly be. In spite of that, I do consider this to be a neat, inexpensive and fun, relatively rules-lite game, well worth owning. My final verdict will clock in at 5 stars.|
You can pick up not just the core vs. Ghosts book, but all seven released adventures today for just $6.66! And expect a review of all the adventures to be coming very soon from Endzeitgeist!
That's all for now gang, but expect to see a Shadows over Vathak bundle before the end of the "season" as it were ;)
Fat Goblin Games has had a productive year, releasing over 200 products in the 366 days of this past year (yay, Leap Year!).
Of those products, around 55 of them (~27.5%) were for various Imprints like Abandoned Arts. Around 80 of them have been (or will be, one or two are scheduled to still drop before Dec 31st, 2016) various forms of Stock Art or similar products (~40%). That leaves at least 65 releases just from Fat Goblin Games proper.
All of those products lead to ~2,700 pages between those 120 books (the 55 Abandoned Arts + 65 Fat Goblin Games), for an average of 22.5 pages per release -- so not all were "small books." Dropping even our massive 840 pages from the Worldbuilding Journal (one of our most popular products this year!), we're at ~1,860 pages or an average of 15.5 pages. Hell, even removing the 450 pages of the Shadows over Vathak Player's Guide (~1,410 pages), we're still hitting 11.75 pages on average.
2016 was also the year of us expanding out beyond the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game & Stock Art, with 15 releases for 5th Edition Fantasy, and 12 releases for the vs. M Engine system (like vs. Ghosts, vs. Moon Men, & vs. Stranger Stuff, with adventures for all of them), and even a few for OSRs and system neutral games.
Possibly one of our proudest achievements though is our official reviving of the R. Talsorian Castle Falkenstein game and setting, with an official endorsement! With two books out the door, and sales improving, we're looking to do full support for Castle Falkenstein with both large and small releases coming in 2017 (read all about that here).
This is all to say that while 2016 was a remarkable year for Fat Goblin Games, "you ain't seen nothing yet."
Expect to see a lot more from us going into 2017, as we both support our existing lines and systems and expand out into releasing all new ones!
Thank you for all you've done for us, it's what keeps us doing this for you!
We're already on The Tenth Day of Sales, but you can still pick up every release going forward as they become available!
Sales in RED are active now! Comeback each day to see the next!
The First Day of Christmas -- Call to Arms
Every Call to Arms Book for only $1 Each!
Call to Arms is a bookline for players and gamemasters alike. Each book focuses on a different type of item, expanding rules for those items and adding everything from new mundane and magical examples of the item to new character options related to the item.
The Second Day of Christmas -- Labyrinth Lord
Every Labyrinth Lord OSR Book for only $1 Each!
The Third Day of Christmas -- Race Book Bundle
(for Pathfinder & 5th Edition Fantasy)
The Fourth Day of Christmas -- Traveler's Guide to Hell
Our Traveler's Guide to Hell for $1,
the official Hell of the Shadows over Vathak setting.
Welcome to Hell.
Come along with our intrepid guide as he explores the myriad layers of Hell in all of its glory. Written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, this guide not only visits, but delves deep into the history, legends, and horrors that is the darkest and most deadliest of realms.
The Pits - Check out the worlds within worlds of Hell and visit Cocior, Belocor, Neir and other hellish realms.
Hierarchy of the Pit - Find out who the true rulers of Hell are and what motivates the likes of Baalzebul, Belphegor, the lovely and deadly Malfia and many more!
Tools of Hell - The crunch of the book! Learn about the various ways to arm yourself in Hell with new feats, magical items and spells to rock even the strongest of Archdukes.
Classes of Hell - Thirteen hellish archetypes await you including the Contractor (Wizard), Tongue of Sin (Bard), Nemesis (Inquisitor) and the unique Prestige Class, the Blood Knight.
If your party is going to Hell, then they need a guide. Fat Goblin's Travel Guide to Hell is that important manuscript for any adventuring party looking to take the ultimate plunge!
The Fifth Day of Christmas -- Stock Art Sale
All of our Publisher's Choice Stock Art and Templates for $1 each!
Including our Fantasy InDesign Template (regularly $14.95)
The Sixth Day of Christmas -- CLASSified
Every CLASSified book for only $1 each!
|The CLASSified product line from Fat Goblin Games is devoted to bringing you a new and exciting base class for your Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, and includes complete rules for a single class or archetype and an assortment of other rules to bring your characters to life.|
The Seventh Day of Christmas -- Fungal Kingdom
Both Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom and Fungifolk are available for only $1 each!
Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom!
Welcome to 8-Bit Adventures! Do you yearn for a simpler time, when video games scrolled right and you only had to deal with 2 buttons at a time? An era where blocky, colorful, vaguely recognizable shapes made up heroes that battled odd and often confusing villains with little to no context? Then Fat Goblin Games has you covered!
The Eighth Day of Christmas -- vs. M Engine
The Ninth Day of Christmas -- Warlock & Drow
The Tenth Day of Christmas -- Worldbuilding Journals
A Bundle of All our GM Journals for $10!
The Eleventh Day of Christmas -- 5th Edition Fantasy
All of our 5th Edition Fantasy products are available for $1 each!
The Twelfth Day of Christmas -- Shadows over Vathak
Come back December 23rd for a link!
And Much More!
If you do the quick math, you'll realize all these sales run till Dec 23rd! The Fattest Goblin has something extra special planned for December 24th (Christmas Eve) and December 25th (Christmas Day) -- so be sure to take a moment away from the family and friends to check out those great deals too!
A few quick updates -- Fat Goblin Games is in TWO different Bundles right now, a Bundle of Holding (Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4) in support of Doctor's without Borders, and a Bundle on DriveThruRPG through Fainting Goat Games in support of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Also, I got in my own copy of vs. Moon Men (see image below with vs. Ghosts and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook for scale), and I will be ordering my hardcopy of the Shadows over Vathak: Player's Guide shortly!
WORLDBUILDER'S TOOLKIT +4
Fat Goblin Games is pleased to be a part of the Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4 at the Bundle of Holding! Gamemaster! The Master Planners return with the all-new Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4, our fourth annual collection of gamemastering ebooks and play aids to help you run tabletop roleplaying game sessions. This bargain-priced offer includes;
For just US$9.95 you get all seven titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $53) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Kobold Guide to Combat (Kobold Press, retail price $10): Nearly 20 master designers give tips for creating great conflicts.
- Design for Writers and Roleplayers (Dancing Lights Press, retail $7 each, total retail $35): Five full-length treatises by Berin Kinsman on NPCs, alignment, setting design, story structure, and group dynamics -- Building Characters, Group Dynamics, Setting Design, Story Structure, and Understanding Alignment.
- Fat Dragon Ultimate Dice Tower (retail $8): Print, cut, fold, and assemble this full-color papercraft tower from Fat Dragon Games.
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $21.03, you'll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection of eight more titles (retail value $59):
- Kobold Guide to Magic (Kobold Press, retail $15): Another star-studded collection of essays that make magic mysterious once more.
- Focal Point (Engine Publishing, retail $12): The seasoned gamemasters from Gnome Stew detail ways to make your gaming sessions extraordinary.
- Fat Dragon Ultimate GM Screen 2 (retail $12): An impressive full-color print-and-assemble papercraft gamemaster screen with dice towers, shelves for miniatures, and other features.
- How to Run Fast & Exciting Combats (Roleplaying Tips Publishing, retail $20): Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com shows you, in detail, exactly how to GM fights in half the time with double the excitement. Includes three bonus titles: The Legendary Combat Swipes Book, 3 Easy Ways to Add More Story to Combat, and Top 10 Reasons Why Your Combats Are Slow.
Southern Poverty Law Center Donation Bundle
The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
Shadows over Vathak: Player's Guide to Vathak (NOW IN PRINT)
Shadows over Vathak blends the Otherworldly, Cosmic Horror themes of New England's Lovecraft, the Macabre Mysteries of Poe, and the sensibilities of Victorian, Gothic Horror Adventure into an original fantasy setting for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- A thorough introduction to the world of Vathak, a land and people struggling against ancient evils.
- Suggestions and setting-specific mechanics to help you create and play characters in a horror game.
- Rules and options for the 9 playable races of Vathak, from the tribal bhriota, to twisted cambions, ghostly hauntlings, and much more!
- Complete write-ups for 4 new classes of Vathak, with at least 2 archetypes for each of the 36 core and base classes, including the occult classes.
- Detailed rules for crafting firearms and 50 feats to help you make your characters unique and suited for the horrors of Vathak.
- A rich selection of weapons and armor, new and old, with options for tools, alchemy, vehicles, and other gear needed to survive Vathak.
- An entire chapter expanding on both early and advanced firearms for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the only thing keeping the horrors at bay!
- A rich discussion of each of the major religions of Vathak, from the Church of the One True God, to the romni Court of Signs, and the cults and secret societies of the Old Ones!
- Topped off with a discussion of magic in Vathak, with new options for divine casters, and a vast set of spells perfect for Vathak.
The softcover print version comes with the same style cover as show on the product page. The hardcover version comes with a white leather cover with ornate metal clasps and corners, and a large stylized Judgement (the holy symbol of the Church of the One True God) across the cover. The hardcover version is exclusive to this store!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
You can read all about The Hoarde's Hoard Bundle here, where we talked about it as representing Our Past, and how we consider it a "Thank You" to our current fans, as well as preparation for Our Future via the Goblin Army Patreon.
The Bundle is SO BIG OBS (One BookShelf, the parent company of DriveThru/RPGNow) can't even render the full list of all of the books on their listing for it! (YOU can see the full listing here on our website).
And when this Bundle goes away, it will NOT be coming back. So much so, that a number of books included in it wont be available ever again -- so pick them up now!
The Bundle price is set at $30, but if you log-in and notice a discount, its because OBS reduces the price of the Bundle for each book you already own -- so if you have copies of many of these books, you might be able to pick up this Bundle today for a real steal!
I've talked about the Bundle and our Patreon in the past, so rather than rehashing that, I'll show you to the following links where I discuss:
- Why you might want to enlist in the Goblin Army as a Freebooter today!
- Our hopes for what we can do by getting people in the Goblin Army!
So, enough talking about Our Past and pitching Our Future, how about we talk about the HERE & NOW!
Last week we released our long-awaited Shadows over Vathak: Player's Guide!
|Shadows over Vathak blends the Otherworldly, Cosmic Horror themes of New England's Lovecraft, the Macabre Mysteries of Poe, and the sensibilities of Victorian, Gothic Horror Adventure into an original fantasy setting for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.|
The Player's Guide provides you with all the options you would need to play in our dark world on the brink, or to play any number of the extensive listing of Shadows over Vathak adventures and supplements! We have a backlog of new and compiled releases planned for Shadows over Vathak, so expect to see much more support for that forthcoming between now and even the release of Shadows over Vathak: GameMaster's Guide!
Our vs. Ghosts was available, free of charge, to those that participated in OBS's Trick-or-Treat event, and over 1,250+ copies of the vs. Ghosts game was downloaded!
So if you're one of those people that picked up vs. Ghosts, be sure to check out the three adventures we've written for it (two specific for the game only, and one that crosses over with vs. Stranger Stuff) -- AND keep an eye out for our next venture into the world of the supernatural -- vs. Præternatural!
But we're also exploring some "other things" with the vs. M Engine, specifically --
THE MOON MEN ARE COMING!
vs. Moon Men by Jason Owen Black was announced back in early October, and is mid-layout as we speak for a release sometime in the next week or two. vs. Moon Men throws you into an alternate 1970, where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin's landing on the Moon is taken as an act of aggression by Moon Men whom then fly down to Earth and dominate our planet. You will take on the role of a resistance fighter, and if you're really lucky, can turn the Moon Men's death rays and flying saucer's against them!
Here are a few interior shots of what's to come!
And we have so much more planned -- things like new CLASSified books and Call to Arms: Horses & Mules, and so many more!
So keep a weather-eye on the Facebook page for updates on all these great projects!