News / Worldbuilding Journal
I thought of many different ways to say this but in short -- we have a $1 Sale on most of our products over on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.com!
We've got sales on...
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products
- All 7 Astonishing Races (from Catfolk to Tieflings)
- All 12 Call to Arms equipment books (from Axes & Picks to Tomes of Power)
- All 6 Campaign Kits with mini-campaign settings in one book (including 8-Bit Adventures: Fungal Kingdoms!)
- All 17 CLASSified class books (from Astra base class to Volatile Blade alchemist archtype)
- All 11 Fat Goblin Games Presents (including Starjammer Compatibale races like the new vinyari and rhyans!)
- All 6 Knowledge Checks (including Codes & Cyphers and Last Rites)
- And SO MUCH MORE!!!
5th Edition Fantasy Compatible Products
Our full line of 5th Edition Fantasy books is on sale, including:
- 7 different race books for Kobolds and Kitsune and much more!
- 6 "Expanded Options" that bring new rules options to specific aspects of the game
- And other new options for things like Alchemy, Weapons and Armor, and Ritual Magic!
- And our new Creature Card Catalog cards!
Old School Revival Titles
System Neutral GM Resources
All our GM Journals are on sale too! From the Worldbuilding Journal to the Starlog, you can get numerous resources to help you organize your game for just $1 each!
And So Many Other Things Too!!!
And then there are things like 16 of our vs. M Engine products, from the vs. Ghosts line of RPG and adventures to our vs. Stranger Stuff books where you play as a Kid in the 80's!
Even a lot of The Fattest Goblin's art assets and stock art are only $1!
Its also a good time to pick up our Shadows over Vathak backstock as we'll be rolling out all new products in that line very soon!
Fat Goblin Games has had a productive year, releasing over 200 products in the 366 days of this past year (yay, Leap Year!).
Of those products, around 55 of them (~27.5%) were for various Imprints like Abandoned Arts. Around 80 of them have been (or will be, one or two are scheduled to still drop before Dec 31st, 2016) various forms of Stock Art or similar products (~40%). That leaves at least 65 releases just from Fat Goblin Games proper.
All of those products lead to ~2,700 pages between those 120 books (the 55 Abandoned Arts + 65 Fat Goblin Games), for an average of 22.5 pages per release -- so not all were "small books." Dropping even our massive 840 pages from the Worldbuilding Journal (one of our most popular products this year!), we're at ~1,860 pages or an average of 15.5 pages. Hell, even removing the 450 pages of the Shadows over Vathak Player's Guide (~1,410 pages), we're still hitting 11.75 pages on average.
2016 was also the year of us expanding out beyond the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game & Stock Art, with 15 releases for 5th Edition Fantasy, and 12 releases for the vs. M Engine system (like vs. Ghosts, vs. Moon Men, & vs. Stranger Stuff, with adventures for all of them), and even a few for OSRs and system neutral games.
Possibly one of our proudest achievements though is our official reviving of the R. Talsorian Castle Falkenstein game and setting, with an official endorsement! With two books out the door, and sales improving, we're looking to do full support for Castle Falkenstein with both large and small releases coming in 2017 (read all about that here).
This is all to say that while 2016 was a remarkable year for Fat Goblin Games, "you ain't seen nothing yet."
Expect to see a lot more from us going into 2017, as we both support our existing lines and systems and expand out into releasing all new ones!
Thank you for all you've done for us, it's what keeps us doing this for you!
We're already on The Tenth Day of Sales, but you can still pick up every release going forward as they become available!
Sales in RED are active now! Comeback each day to see the next!
The First Day of Christmas -- Call to Arms
Every Call to Arms Book for only $1 Each!
Call to Arms is a bookline for players and gamemasters alike. Each book focuses on a different type of item, expanding rules for those items and adding everything from new mundane and magical examples of the item to new character options related to the item.
The Second Day of Christmas -- Labyrinth Lord
Every Labyrinth Lord OSR Book for only $1 Each!
The Third Day of Christmas -- Race Book Bundle
(for Pathfinder & 5th Edition Fantasy)
The Fourth Day of Christmas -- Traveler's Guide to Hell
Our Traveler's Guide to Hell for $1,
the official Hell of the Shadows over Vathak setting.
Welcome to Hell.
Come along with our intrepid guide as he explores the myriad layers of Hell in all of its glory. Written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, this guide not only visits, but delves deep into the history, legends, and horrors that is the darkest and most deadliest of realms.
The Pits - Check out the worlds within worlds of Hell and visit Cocior, Belocor, Neir and other hellish realms.
Hierarchy of the Pit - Find out who the true rulers of Hell are and what motivates the likes of Baalzebul, Belphegor, the lovely and deadly Malfia and many more!
Tools of Hell - The crunch of the book! Learn about the various ways to arm yourself in Hell with new feats, magical items and spells to rock even the strongest of Archdukes.
Classes of Hell - Thirteen hellish archetypes await you including the Contractor (Wizard), Tongue of Sin (Bard), Nemesis (Inquisitor) and the unique Prestige Class, the Blood Knight.
If your party is going to Hell, then they need a guide. Fat Goblin's Travel Guide to Hell is that important manuscript for any adventuring party looking to take the ultimate plunge!
The Fifth Day of Christmas -- Stock Art Sale
All of our Publisher's Choice Stock Art and Templates for $1 each!
Including our Fantasy InDesign Template (regularly $14.95)
The Sixth Day of Christmas -- CLASSified
Every CLASSified book for only $1 each!
|The CLASSified product line from Fat Goblin Games is devoted to bringing you a new and exciting base class for your Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, and includes complete rules for a single class or archetype and an assortment of other rules to bring your characters to life.|
The Seventh Day of Christmas -- Fungal Kingdom
Both Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom and Fungifolk are available for only $1 each!
Welcome to the Fungal Kingdom!
Welcome to 8-Bit Adventures! Do you yearn for a simpler time, when video games scrolled right and you only had to deal with 2 buttons at a time? An era where blocky, colorful, vaguely recognizable shapes made up heroes that battled odd and often confusing villains with little to no context? Then Fat Goblin Games has you covered!
The Eighth Day of Christmas -- vs. M Engine
The Ninth Day of Christmas -- Warlock & Drow
The Tenth Day of Christmas -- Worldbuilding Journals
A Bundle of All our GM Journals for $10!
The Eleventh Day of Christmas -- 5th Edition Fantasy
All of our 5th Edition Fantasy products are available for $1 each!
The Twelfth Day of Christmas -- Shadows over Vathak
Come back December 23rd for a link!
And Much More!
If you do the quick math, you'll realize all these sales run till Dec 23rd! The Fattest Goblin has something extra special planned for December 24th (Christmas Eve) and December 25th (Christmas Day) -- so be sure to take a moment away from the family and friends to check out those great deals too!
A few quick updates -- Fat Goblin Games is in TWO different Bundles right now, a Bundle of Holding (Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4) in support of Doctor's without Borders, and a Bundle on DriveThruRPG through Fainting Goat Games in support of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Also, I got in my own copy of vs. Moon Men (see image below with vs. Ghosts and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook for scale), and I will be ordering my hardcopy of the Shadows over Vathak: Player's Guide shortly!
WORLDBUILDER'S TOOLKIT +4
Fat Goblin Games is pleased to be a part of the Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4 at the Bundle of Holding! Gamemaster! The Master Planners return with the all-new Worldbuilder's Toolkit +4, our fourth annual collection of gamemastering ebooks and play aids to help you run tabletop roleplaying game sessions. This bargain-priced offer includes;
For just US$9.95 you get all seven titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $53) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Kobold Guide to Combat (Kobold Press, retail price $10): Nearly 20 master designers give tips for creating great conflicts.
- Design for Writers and Roleplayers (Dancing Lights Press, retail $7 each, total retail $35): Five full-length treatises by Berin Kinsman on NPCs, alignment, setting design, story structure, and group dynamics -- Building Characters, Group Dynamics, Setting Design, Story Structure, and Understanding Alignment.
- Fat Dragon Ultimate Dice Tower (retail $8): Print, cut, fold, and assemble this full-color papercraft tower from Fat Dragon Games.
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $21.03, you'll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection of eight more titles (retail value $59):
- Kobold Guide to Magic (Kobold Press, retail $15): Another star-studded collection of essays that make magic mysterious once more.
- Focal Point (Engine Publishing, retail $12): The seasoned gamemasters from Gnome Stew detail ways to make your gaming sessions extraordinary.
- Fat Dragon Ultimate GM Screen 2 (retail $12): An impressive full-color print-and-assemble papercraft gamemaster screen with dice towers, shelves for miniatures, and other features.
- How to Run Fast & Exciting Combats (Roleplaying Tips Publishing, retail $20): Johnn Four of RoleplayingTips.com shows you, in detail, exactly how to GM fights in half the time with double the excitement. Includes three bonus titles: The Legendary Combat Swipes Book, 3 Easy Ways to Add More Story to Combat, and Top 10 Reasons Why Your Combats Are Slow.
Southern Poverty Law Center Donation Bundle
The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
Shadows over Vathak: Player's Guide to Vathak (NOW IN PRINT)
Shadows over Vathak blends the Otherworldly, Cosmic Horror themes of New England's Lovecraft, the Macabre Mysteries of Poe, and the sensibilities of Victorian, Gothic Horror Adventure into an original fantasy setting for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- A thorough introduction to the world of Vathak, a land and people struggling against ancient evils.
- Suggestions and setting-specific mechanics to help you create and play characters in a horror game.
- Rules and options for the 9 playable races of Vathak, from the tribal bhriota, to twisted cambions, ghostly hauntlings, and much more!
- Complete write-ups for 4 new classes of Vathak, with at least 2 archetypes for each of the 36 core and base classes, including the occult classes.
- Detailed rules for crafting firearms and 50 feats to help you make your characters unique and suited for the horrors of Vathak.
- A rich selection of weapons and armor, new and old, with options for tools, alchemy, vehicles, and other gear needed to survive Vathak.
- An entire chapter expanding on both early and advanced firearms for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, the only thing keeping the horrors at bay!
- A rich discussion of each of the major religions of Vathak, from the Church of the One True God, to the romni Court of Signs, and the cults and secret societies of the Old Ones!
- Topped off with a discussion of magic in Vathak, with new options for divine casters, and a vast set of spells perfect for Vathak.
The softcover print version comes with the same style cover as show on the product page. The hardcover version comes with a white leather cover with ornate metal clasps and corners, and a large stylized Judgement (the holy symbol of the Church of the One True God) across the cover. The hardcover version is exclusive to this store!
About four weeks ago, I was writing about (and gave a preview of) The Fattest Goblin's latest endeavour, The Gamemaster's Worldbuilding Journal. In the month or so since then, it's sold amazingly well and we've started to expand it into a full line of books from Fat Goblin Games:
| Welcome to The Gamemaster’s Allies and Adversaries Journal created by Fat Goblin Games. This product is designed as a blank journal for you to catalog all the various non-player characters you’ve created for your campaign world. The book is broken down into 6 chapters:
Major Non-player Characters is for those important NPCs. World-shaking villains, emperors and kings, and mighty wizards. These are the types of characters that shape the lands and it’s people for good or bad.
Minor Non-player Characters are important, but typically on a more personal level. They can be allies and family to the player characters, local adversaries and royalty, or just the local innkeeper.
General Non-player Characters are characters that are minor in your campaign, but the players will often meet more than once. These can be travelling merchants, town guards, woodland hermits, talking animals, and so forth.
Simple Non-player Characters are typically one-time encounters or spare personalities you can use in a pinch. Store owners, travellers at the inn, citizens of a village, and anything else you might have created or think you might need one game.
Guilds & Organizations is a catch all for any groups that several NPCs might belong, such as thieves guilds, royal families, adventuring parties, tribes, etc.
The Family Tree section provides several blank forms for characters and NPCs that have important family ties to others in the setting. These are Simple, but space is given to expand.
Thank you for picking up this book and we hope you enjoy.
So you can clearly see what each of these sections include, Major NPCs are given a two-page spread...
... with Minor NPCs having basically the same categories, but only one-page to fit it all in,...
... with general NPCs being two entries to a page,...
... and for those quick and dirty Simple NPCs you have the following:
The Guilds & Organizations have fewer pages, but a similar Major - Minor - Standard - Simple design, but the Family Tree is the fun "extra" that I think is especially neat in this book!
The book is currently only available in a few, simple PDF formats, but we're just waiting for the print-proofs and for The Janitor to get the form-fillable version 100% and we'll be offering those with what other PDFs we have now!
But What's Next?
In the next week or two, The Fattest of All Goblins should be getting his The Gamemaster's Monster Memoir ready for release. It will be a full bestiary journal for gamemasters to chronicle their own monstrous creations.
And by the end of the month, we should have The Gamemaster's Galactic Record, our space/sci-fi version of the Worldbuilders Journal covering the cosmos.
After that, we have 'ideas" but nothing is settled. What we'd really to know is what YOU, the customer, would like? Let us know here or on Facebook or any number of ways!